RFD TV’s “Best of America by Horseback,” is riding the Chisholm Trail between Caldwell and Wichita on June 4-8, including a two-night campout at Clearwater’s Chisholm Trail Saddle Club grounds June 7-8. Bring your lawn chairs to view the riders and the RFD TV filming of downtown Clearwater this Friday afternoon, June 7.
More than 70 riders from across the country will join host rider, Tom Seay, his wife, Pat, an accomplished film maker, her crew, and well-known western musician, Del Shields. They are expected to arrive in Clearwater from the west bridge between 1:45 and 2:15 p.m. on Friday, June 7. Weather permitting, local Clydesdales will also participate. The riders will be in period dress (mid-1800s) or western clothing, and video segments from their visit to Clearwater will be aired 4-6 weeks after the ride on the RFD Channel, SKT TV Channel 307.
Sponsors for the event, the City of Clearwater, Clearwater Chamber of Commerce, Chisholm Trail Saddle Club, and SKT, have a great itinerary lined up for the public:
- Sidewalk chalk art and free ice cream in front of the Clearwater Public Library
- Clearwater Historical Museum open to the public
- Trail Riders arrive in Clearwater from the west bridge. Local Clydesdales will join them and be filmed as they ride through downtown Clearwater, turn south on Lee, back to Tracy, then past the cemetery to Chisholm Trail Saddle Club Arena.
The following events are held at the Chisholm Trail Saddle Club Arena (9138 S 167th St W):
- Hay Rack Rides, Pony Rides, Barrel Train Rides, and Roller Roper (by donation)
- Chisholm Trail Saddle Club Fundraiser featuring hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.
- Haysville Saddle Club Rockin’ H Youth Drill Team presents Colors
- Comments by Tom Seay, RFD TV “Best of America by Horseback” Host
- Free Country Music Performance by Del Shields, Country Music Artist